I thought you would enjoy this...
So Button had a dr appointment today, but we got there a few minutes early and she had fallen asleep. In letting her take a quick nap before going in to get shots, Punkin and I were talking. She was sitting on the consile between the front seats and said, "Mom, when I get to be a grown up", you could tell she was thinking, "I am going to live in North Carolina."
"You are?" I said, thinking when have you heard about North Carolina? We've been to South Carolina, but not North. But trying not to interrupt her thoughts I said nothing and she continued.
"Yeah, that's where I am going to be a farmer." Being a farmer is on Punkin's list of occupations, along with being a rock star and a veterinarian.
"Oh, okay" I said, "But that's a long way from here."
"Yeah," says Punkin very matter of fact. "But do you know who I'm gonna marry?" she asks. I look at her as if to say who? And she states, "Jeremiah."
"Me and Ms. Monique sure will miss you, being so far away."
"You know what you can do?" she asks.
"What?"
"You and Jeremiah's mommy can come visit us. And if you want, you can go to Taco Bell".
"Thank you" I said.
"I called Jesus this morning. I asked him if our kids could be twins," she pauses for a second as if remembering the conversation, then continues. "But he said no. We'll just have 2 kids, not twins."
We finished our conversation and it was time for us to go in for Button's appointment.
Too cute! I just had to share!
From Monique (Jeremiah's mom)
Oh my goodness! That makes me laugh! I will be very interested to see what God has 20 years down the road ;)
The great news is that you know you are doing something right when they are already asking Jesus about what to do!!!! Even better that she stops to listen!
More good news... If our kids grow up, get married and become farmers in NC we will all like each other enough to carpool to go see them. Oooo and the fun we would have with grandbabies!!!
Jeremiah has been very concerned with who he will marry in the future lately. It has been a serious issue in our house. Isn't it funny that it is something their minds already focus on these things?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.