I've decided to put myself (and therefore my family) in the world of web, the Internet, online, on the computer....etc. We are not on Facebook - so, this is it. We have recently moved to a different state and this page can act as a virtual bridge to keep our daily lives a bit more connected.
We are a homeschooling family. We enjoy being together and learning from each other. We have daughters, 2 legged and 4 legged. We love each of them and their unique personalities, attributes and contributions to this family and earth. We dance, act, plant flowers and veggies. We enjoy watching the birds and trying to figure out what kind they are. Deer are fascinating - every night we watch them eat in a field across the street and every night it is fascinating. We don't eat gluten. We are Dawg fans through and through. Occasionally we will cheer on the Hokies in support of cousins nd friends who school, work, teach and live there. We love God and all he has blessed us with. We love each other. We are not perfect, we have never claimed to be. We love. We forgive. We get frustrated. We pray. We laugh - a lot. And we cry. Sometimes a cry turns into a laugh and vice versa. We play. We like to make smart choices. We make mistakes. We like Dave Ramsey and his Financial Peace University program. His Hands Church is awesome. We love you guys - and miss you terribly!!!! We like swimming. Especially the 2 legged. I love watching them grow and learn new abilities and skills. Watching them do cool new things that they don't realize are as amazing as they are. I could go on and on.... And I will (hence the start of a blog :-)). But for now, that should serve as a good introduction.
I will say as I begin typing, I really have no idea what I'm doing either. If you visit regularly, please be patient. The background may change, posts may be in different areas, I don't know what all may change....but I'm sure things will. This is a classic case of " I don't know what I don't know". So, bare with me :-). I just know I have ideas that I want to write, stories about our day to day, girls that are accomplishing things at a rapid rate, and just funny moments that I'd like to capture somehow to be able to remember and share. The technical stuff will progress, just at a slower pace than the ideas and moments I want to share will come. Here is the test... We will see if this actually posts after having typed all of this.
Some of my post may be stories you've heard before, but I want to post them to have them documented. Some may be short, funny things that happen. Not all will be funny, despite the name of the blog. They may just be moments that I put into words. I hope you don't mind if you appear in some if my posts. If you are part of my life, you may. You should know that nothing will be revealing of personal information that you have told in confidence - that's not who I am. But rather encounters we may have shared. Experiences. Moments. Explanations.
So, all being said, thank you - I do hope that you enjoy your visit to A Funny Something.
Test comment
ReplyDelete